Monday, April 19, 2010

I love my life. Honestly.

Haven't been able to say that in a while.

My life is an adventure. It's beginning to feel like a story that Jesus and I are writing together--trying to let Him contribute most of the ideas, though. He is real and He never blinks. Life is hard for me and for everyone else, but He's there waiting for me to take His hand as if to say, "Come, let's work on it together."

All of my posts mention religion, and I'm sorry if that is a problem for you, but all of my days mention Him as well.

---

"You've got to give a little more than you take; you've got to leave a little more than was here. You may be prideful of the steps that you take, but keep one thing clear: You're just a player in a much bigger plan, but still you have to give it all that you can. The very measure of your soul is at stake! You've got to give a little more than you take."

I just watched Joseph: King of Dreams on Sunday night. We bought it at Goodwill for $2. It is beautiful--almost as good as the Price of Egypt.

"You know better than I; you know the way. I've let go the need to know why; I'll take what answers you supply."

Really faith-building, and honest. I loved it.

---

I also loved my experience singing in sacrament meeting for my last Sunday here in TN before I leave for Utah. I really felt the Spirit during and after my song. Like, burning in my chest. It was not a performance--it was not about me. My goal with singing "I Will Not Be Still" was to communicate what was in my heart, to share my testimony, and to be used as an instrument in bringing the Spirit to the hearts of people who heard me. I accomplished every one of my goals. The song is about how the gospel moves me and touches me until I feel I must act on it, I must serve the Lord by sharing what I have seen and felt and experienced.

I really did sing my testimony. It came from a very honest place, and meant a lot to me. People told me that they could see that as they watched me. That is a blessing. They also said that they felt the Spirit strongly as I sang... what more can you hope for? I feel humble. It shouldn't have been an awesome day to sing a solo, because I woke up sick that morning, and even had to leave sacrament meeting before just to blow my nose. Then I came back in just in time to sing, and it actually went really well. I definitely felt like I was receiving help. I really am "just a player in a much bigger plan." But I'm so grateful I was able to help the Spirit touch people. I feel so blessed to be able to participate in music, to assist in this marvelous work. It's kind of a small thing, but it's also kind of a big deal. I was able to be a tool to help people -- people I love, too -- have an experience with the Holy Ghost. That is the coolest thing ever.

2 comments:

  1. Love your comments - I echo them. Be joyful in everything you do and you have shown it. You are a strong person and the Lord has helped you through his tender mercies. May you be blessed for your testimony. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a beautiful person.

    ReplyDelete